QUARANTINE VIDEO OF THE WEEK OR MONTH
One O’Clock Jump – Danny Jonokuchi & The Revisionists
Times are tough for our friends who are musicians, dance teachers, studio owners, event promoters. Here are ways you can help support them, if you are able:
Regular weekly NYC Swing Dancing events not included in the calendar below:
- Mon: Free 20’s Charleston Class with Yuval & Juls
- Mon: Intro to Lindy Hop 5:30pm & Line Dances 6:30pm
- Mon: Solo dances with Margaret – 6pm; Donation, email for zoom link: email@example.com
- Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun: College of Swing Era Knowledge– with Joel Plys 10pm
- Tues: Solo Jazz with Akemi; Donation Based – 6:15pm
- Tues: Weekly Tuesday Zoom – SOLO Charleston/Jazz w/ Elena Iannucci
- Tues/Thurs: JitterBlast with Nick Williams; Donation Based – 8pm
- Tues/Thurs/Sun: Solo Jazz with Stina; Donation Based – 7pm
- Wed: Swing Outs Free Dance Class
- Fri: Solo Dance with Margaret – 1pm; Donation, email for zoom link: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fri: Blues Dance New York, 8pm Virtual DJ set / lesson
- Fri: Friday Night Dance Hall -6:30pm
- Sat: Saturday Sessions with Remy Kouakou Kouame, Virtual Learning Fun-12pm
- Sun: Solo Jazz/Charleston for Beginners – Astoria Park Edition – 3pm
- Sun: Songbook Sessions with the Glenn Cryter Quartet 2:30-4:30pm
Some news about our friend Ryan Francois. Please take a look and help if you are able.
So Virtual ILHC will take place online November 27-29, 2020! This year will feature 3 days of stellar competitions, our juniors program and juniors competition, top-level instruction, thought provoking LEDs, and fun dance parties.
Our mission is to respect and honor the spirit of Lindy Hop by hosting an international competition weekend which is organized, performed, and judged at the highest levels possible and inclusive of all nations wishing to participate. With collaboration by Lindy Hop experts, we are coordinating an exciting online experience to showcase our Lindy Hop dance to the world. See our competition details.
YOUR support of the event helps to fuel our mission. ILHC has already incurred expenses related to what would have been the in-person event as well as other yearly costs. You can support by joining in on the fun. Also, because of the financial hard times some of our Lindy Family is facing, we have donation opportunities to give passes to others that may need help to attend.
Our ILHC team will be reaching out directly to our currently registered attendees with information about providing refunds, transfers to Virtual ILHC, or converting part or all of paid registration fees as a charitable gift.
We look forward to bringing you Virtual ILHC 2020 as a reimagined event that brings dancers, competitors, friends and family together in a showcase that celebrates the global Lindy Hop Community!
Friday, December 4
Band Camp First Fridays
Every First Friday for the rest of the year, Bandcamp is waiving all fees and giving all proceeds from music sold directly to the artists. Many of our favorite artists have music on BandCamp and have lost practically all their income for the forseeable future. If you have the means and want to support our musicians in the swing scene, please go to Band Camp and check it out. A sample of music available can be found here.
Saturday, December 5
QUARANTINE SPEAKEASY: Repeal Day
Our new & improved All-Star variety show featuring some of our favorite performers from around the world streaming live from New York City into your own quarantine speakeasy!
* $5-10 min. suggested donation (split amongst all performers)
* PayPal direct link https://paypal.me/ProhibitionProd or to “email@example.com”
* Venmo to “@Patrick-Soluri” or Zelle to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Our goal during this unprecedented time is to help bring people together from all over the world who share common interests; and provide musicians & performers the opportunity to share their craft with like minded people passionate about music & dance. The QUARANTINE SPEAKEASY now live streams every other Saturday from NYC averaging hundreds of views from over a dozen countries and half the US states.
instigated by Prohibition Productions / Patrick Soluri in NYC.